Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hats Off to my Friends and Supporters

18th Century Hat #3 by Ingrid Mida (Mixed Media, 3x5) copyright 2009

In the past several weeks, I've been surprised by the extraordinary level of support and encouragement shown to me by my many friends. I'm not sure what I've done to deserve such gifts, but I'm deeply grateful. And for that reason, I'd like to give a hats off salute and a big thank you to the following people:

Author Elena Vidal of Tea at Trianon for writing a post called Ingrid Mida Fashion Plates on July 13, 2009 about my 18th century inspired textile based artwork.

Jewelery Designer Joy Jones at Cupid's Charm for showcasing my fashion plates on her website in a post called Meet the Artist on July 13, 2009.

Artist and quiltmaker Tristan Robin Blakeman at Enchanted Revelry for sending me supplies and instructions on how to do ribbon embroidery.

Master embroiderer Susan Elliot at Plays with Needles for sending me a package of ribbon embroidery needles (which strangely are unavailable in Toronto) and patiently answering my many questions on supply sources and techniques.

Interior designer Judith Thibault at Studio Judith for her impromptu gift of a mixed-media postcard and her daily dose of encouragement.

Artist Laura Bray at Katydiddy Designs for her many tips on how to better sell and market my work.

18th Century Hat #2 by Ingrid Mida (Mixed Media, 3x5) copyright 2009

I am just blown away at the generosity and kindness shown to me by these blogging friends. As well, there are other friends (non-bloggers) like Josie M. and Michele C. who continue to support me and encourage me in my work. As a giver, I somewhat uncomfortable in receiving gifts but I am truly grateful for such thoughtful friends. Thank you hardly seems enough and for once my words fail me. I'd like to share several quotes about friendship to express how I feel.

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame with an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
Albert Schweitzer

Some people weave burlap into the fabric of our lives, and some weave gold thread. Both contribute to make the picture beautiful and unique.
Anonymous

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay awhile and leave footprints on our hearts and, we are never, ever, the same.
Floria Weeln

18th Century Hat #1 by Ingrid Mida (Mixed Media, 3x5) copyright 2009