Thursday, January 21, 2010

My Mother's Dresses



Silver dress, copyright of Ingrid Mida 2010


After being consumed by Chanel for the past few weeks, I think it is time to go in a different direction. And my recent work, which involves photographing my mother's collection of dresses, seemed like the perfect transition.

Initially when I took the images, I was disappointed by the results. They lacked something and I just didn't know what. But with a bit of effort in Photoshop, they have taken on a whole new life and I am excited by the potential that lies at my fingertips.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.... I heard from a few of you this week who say you are loyal followers but do not leave comments. I welcome your feedback and please know that you are able to leave comments anonymously and no one will ever be the wiser....